The walls and cicular Eastern towers were built during the 15th century and finished in 1506 as part of a project to enlarge the town area and include “Il Borgo” within the walls.
The wall parimeter then became rectangular in shape instead of square.
The “new” towers were circular in shape in order to form a more effective defence from eventual firearm attacks. Part of the walls along Via Verde and the two circular towers survived intact after demolition of most of the walls took place in 1911.
More recently they have been the subject of important renovation and restoration work.
40054 Budrio (BO)
|tel. 051 6928111
fax 051 808106
|For more information,